View Single Post
      08-13-2022, 01:06 PM   #19
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilled View Post
Most of the builds I've seen in that 1000+ all ran 100+oct or E85 with moded HPFP/LPFP. Nock is defiantly not helping, but I would say the main issue with the bendy rods is they are tiny.

You've prob seen this thread, but it was a quick compare of stock vs Carrillo.
https://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1413810

I wish I had the luxury of been a test bed, a N63 Longblock is only 5k. An S63 is dear GOD

Onto the actual question.

If your planning on tapping your compressor housing, why not just put the injectors pre turbo or just pre IC. Or stage the injectors in a pre/post setup where the pre is used to cool the compressor and the full dump post.

Tapping the housing seems like a fun way to overcomplicate and get a buttload of leaks.
Modded hpfp's and injectors plus secondary injectors direct on the lower intakes is definitely the way to go and if I had an extra 15k to do all that I absolutely would. So that leaves meth as the only alternative and here is where things go sideways, when using meth as not only method to cool the intake charge and add some octane but to actually make up for lack of fuel capacity, it makes it absolute critical the injection is setup perfectly and being a reverse flow engine with an extremely short intake path compounds this issue and again my argument for a better way to inject.

Don't get me wrong, stock rods are nothing compared to Carrilo's, which are good to 2k+ hp. My argument is ours should be fine at the 700ish level with a properly setup engine. Maybe I'm completely wrong l, but I just can't imagine our rods don't have a 10-15percent overhead. Super knock however is something that will kill a stock rod quick, even at stock power levels. LSPI alone can kill rods when only pushing a fraction of the peak HP.

So the point of volute injection is to: 1- Guarantee the proper mixing of meth in the intake charge, the extreme turbulence and near 300 degree heat at 21+psi of the volute is perfect for this. 2- The rapid cooling of the intake charge in the volute, which is the highest pressure point In the intake, increases the turbos increases the efficiency of the turbo. The question is: is it worth the hassle? On a standard engine with a proper sized turbo, probably not. On our platform however I can see some distinct advantages and plan to find out soon.

Leaks with meth and especially a volute is definitely a concern, the exhaust being inches away...well no need to explain what would happen...but that is the danger of any mod that involves fuel and the pro meth setup with metal lines the double failsafe solenoids looks to be a solid setup and I will be running a ethanol/water mix not meth. I'll take the mild performance hit knowing I can get drunk off my Injection system rather then go blind if there is a leak.
Appreciate 0