View Single Post
      06-01-2021, 10:55 AM   #32
M302_imola
Major
Rep
Drives: '15 X5 35i Xdrive Mineral Whit

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic_erik View Post
Brought the truck in this week because I felt shamed about the suspension creaking! I was living with it, but writing up that suspension deep-dive post really got me thinking that it was unacceptable.

Turns out my K-MAC adjustable bushings are completely rusted and shot. I am in shock. These were installed only last June! Trying to decide my next move, but I'm happy the creaking wasn't due to my BC Racing Coilovers.

Do you guys think I should wait for a warranty replacement from K-MAC and just replace the bad bushings, or go back to a new OEM lower control arm? The labor for replacing the bushings on the existing control arms is more than replacing the entire control arm! Also thinking that since these are the original control arms / ball joints it is probably a good idea to replace the whole thing and move on. I will just have to deal with the negative camber in this scenario.
That's crazy Eric! I have the same creaking noise but it's been there since before the BC's were installed. Is that #13 or #8 here: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...59#31126864821

Btw, my FCAB's are OEM.
Appreciate 0