View Single Post
      12-22-2020, 02:05 PM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Unfortunately its too late to do some free diagnostics...so hopefully you’re still under warranty (can’t tell because you have no model/model year listed). But sometimes you can look at the way the DWA (anti-theft alarm siren) red LED is flashing. When you lock the vehicle with the remote or CA (comfort access)...the red LED (clown nose below the interior rear view mirror) should flash slowly & continually. If it flashes fast for a few seconds then slows down...its and indication that something is not right.

Also, can’t tell if you may be having a power issue (battery) because we don’t know how old it is. If ambient temps have been low and you don’t drive enough to keep the vehicle’s battery charged up...its voltage may be low which could be setting off the alarm.

Also, if the battery inside the remote (if you have CA) are low, it can cause irregular lock/unlock. BMW remotes have historically showed signs when its battery drops below 2.6 volts...it will unlock the doors but may not lock the doors.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0