03-04-2016, 03:28 PM   #32
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol View Post
Just reduce your piggy to $2k and you'll have a new fan. $3k is steep for a piggy.
Don't see that happening. I will say though that if you get a chance to drive a Dinan tuned F8x X5M/X6M that the price tag will most likely be of minimal concern after the experience. Relatively confident in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsjr70 View Post
Ordering mine today! Any package deals? Tune and Exhaust?
Not at the factory level but it doesn't hurt to ask the dealer as they may offer something. A

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Nice design.
So does that mean the piping diameter the same size as stock?
And you used the supplied clamp to re-attach the stock one after?
Piping diameter is the same as stock but I stand corrected on reinstalling a stock exhaust really easily after talking to one of the engineers and him clarifying things. The original muffler is cut very close to the can as there really isn't a straight section of pipe anywhere else but way further up the exhaust tract to do so. This means its basically impossible for you to reattach the stock exhaust without some welding of a sleeve piece to the stock muffler so a clamp can be applied. Can it be done relatively easily and cheaply, yes, but its not exactly a do it in your driveway type of thing. More of an easy job for a muffler shop.

You can find the install instructions here so you can see how close that cut is to the muffler and the reattachment issues it presents.
Appreciate 0