GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
just depends on the wearer. I wear my Steel and even Two Tone Rolex doing everything. But my watches I buy to wear. No sense to me having 20-30k worth of watches that arent going to get worn
Yeah, here's my problem with wearing Rolex these days: Rolexes are primarily a luxury product just like a Louis Vuitton bag ... so CAN i use this bag to hold my diving equipment? Sure. Should I / is it the best diving bag for me? No!

Back in the day, watches like Rolex or Panerai were cool (to me) because they were hardcore tool watches, made out of tough materials so they could take a beating. Better than a g-shock because they were mechanical.

Like back then, if you were gonna go into the bush to kick some ass you wore a Panerai!

But Rolex, Panerai, etc have abandoned the tool watch cool and gone full luxe ... and that's sad because I always loved them - and still love the white-on-black Daytona design!

But ultimately I have to let Rolex go because I'm just not a luxury guy - I like hardcore/cool stuff, not luxe-cool stuff.

Take the Sinn U2: made out of bead-blasted german submarine steel: anti-corrosive, anti-magnetic, 4x harder than a rolex, 5x harder if you get the PVD, beats DIN standards for shock resistance and magnetism, and the UX is depth rated down to the bottom of the trench, no silly helium release necessary.

These days, if you're going into the bush to kick ass you wear Sinn. Cool!

So, yeah, you CAN wear a Rolex, but it's the dumber choice now, which is sad.

Last edited by GrussGott; 06-11-2019 at 11:31 AM..
Appreciate 4
Gr-Racing205.50
xander_g985.00