11-27-2017, 09:07 AM   #65
faloppi88
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by faloppi88 View Post
Hello,

I have a 2018 X5 M on its way and has the 21" wheel package. Car is leased and I'd prefer to not have a set of wheels to attempt to sell at the end so am considering just winter tires and dealer said they'd store the Michelin's and swap them on in summer.

Doing research here, it appears that this could work on stock wheels:

Pirelli Scorpian Winter 275/45/21 for fronts on 21x10 rims
and same tire, size 315/40/21 on the back on 21x11.5 rims.

My calculations show that the diameter between front and back would be 0.6%, which if I'm understanding this right, would be less than the 1.5% threshold that creates issues.

The overall diameter would be about 2" taller than the stock setup, which doesn't appear to be an issue from what I'm reading here either, is that right? At least in terms of the ECU, but is there enough travel and room in the wheel well for a setup like this without any rubbing or bottoming?

To get the 285 and 325 combo I can only find Scorpian run flats and I just have such terrible experience with run flats. Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Or it appears I could run 295/35/21s all the way around, should fit both the 10" and 11.5" wide rims, but will the back look weird?
Appreciate 0