View Single Post
      10-02-2023, 03:38 PM   #33
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Let's say there is method in the madness in Windsor's assumption. Ferrari,Mclaren and Merc can only make a certain step rather than a big one i feel and this will be countered by RBR know how, the new regs will affect the three also rans more than RB and the present line up even with Checo not always being the sharpest tool in the box will suit Max and he has said he prefers Perez.
The 'buffer' is apparently not needed in a lot of the races I'm finding and actually Perez mixing it with the ones behind helps Max a lot in pacing his tires to last longer.
We already have seen McLaren make a giant leap in performance mid-season. I wouldn't tempt fate during off season if I were RB.

Through first 8 races Lando had an average finish of 13th. The last 8 races Lando has an average finish of 4th. If Ferrari/Merc/McLaren can replicate another leap like this in the off season, RB better start looking for a new second driver. Merc's race pace is already very good, if they solve qualifying issues in off season...Perez stands no chance against them.
Appreciate 0