View Single Post
      11-11-2014, 05:17 PM   #8
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRX View Post
Anti-glare LEDs? Are you referring to the headlights?

I always thought the Brits get hard done by !

Did you go for Harmon Kardon audio? worth it?
So, if you watch the videos for all the UK people - CatFlap makes the best one- he posted it live. If you go to my coding thread, it's there under Coding List. It creates a black box where the high beams do not enter and this prevents blinding the person in front of you while having your high beams on. The automatic system works beautifully by surrounding the road with light while not blinding those in front and those in oncoming traffic.

I have the stock and hate it, however, I have rectified it by using my phone's DAC input wire with my auxiliary cable and now listen to all my music from my Note 4 - the clarity is superb, but nothing like HK. I have heard the HK, and it is amazingly clear and well worth the money. We also have the HK system in both of our 2014 MLs - it's a very good compromise for those who don't want the B&O.

I bought my car on the lot, so I missed out on DHP, HK, surround view, and LEDs. That's ok though because I will be upgrading my suspension with Accuair, have coded my Bi-xenons with VLD (amazing), have the DAC input for my sound, and coded by tow hitch camera zoom so I have almost everything . I learned everything about features, coding, etc after joining the forums. I wish I was a member before I bought my vehicle, but I still love what I have and am very thankful to have it .