View Single Post
      11-12-2014, 03:06 AM   #17
McDonaldD
Rep
Drives: 2005 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRX View Post
Spoken to the dealer ? What did they say ? So if re ordering you would spend over £3k for BO?
The system is working as intended. I can get decent sound from lossless audio via usb but only at high volume. Bluetooth sounds mediocre at all volumes. I did not spend nearly as much time with the HK before ordering it but assumed it would be good enough. I spent a lot of time testing the F15's B&O system and had convinced myself it wasn't worth it...I was wrong. You're already spending £895 on the HK so B&O only adds ~£2,600.

I happily passed on the B&O system in the 640 gran coupe - the B&O system did not seem well implemented and I am content with the HK. I was expecting a similar experience with the f15 but was blown away by its clarity. The system actually gave me goosebumps while listening to a few of my test tracks. I struggled with the price and ultimately convinced myself it wasn't worth it. Now I wish I had it. The f15's B&O system seems to be superior to BMW's other implementations. Given what I know now: Yes, I absolutely would have ordered mine with B&O. As it is, I'll likely be ordering the parts and retrofitting it or I'll wait and see what bavsound's stage one upgrade has to offer.
Appreciate 0