View Single Post
      06-24-2018, 10:25 AM   #19
CT335xi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 x5 m50i, 2005 evo 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
So just a heads up for those flash tuned (that includes me too lol): lately already 3 owners were flagged by BMW dealerships for having a third party software flashed to their DMEs. All 3 have BM3 tune, but that doesn't mean other tunes won't be flagged. AFAIK any flash can be discovered if they really want. There are many ways for BMW dealerships to do it and apparently even flash counter reset doesn't help. So bottom line is you gotta pay to play. You can't have everything - power and warranty. I mean, you can have it until you are flagged lol. I personally am done with warranty and I went to the dark side for power, but I did it knowing the consequences. Just my opinion.

P.S. Also posting in Facebook your tunes and dyno numbers is not going to end well lol. Nowadays it's very easy to deny warranty based on such posts and it takes 5 min for BMW to search, find and print such posts with dates and names conveniently provided by Facebook lol. Again, I'm not a lawyer, but just be careful out there.
This obviously sucks, as bmw will find anyway out of a warranty claim if your modded and if you want to keep your coverage I guess you wait to tune when your warranty has expired. Then again at that point there may not be a lot of people wanting to hold on to their 50i possibly because of the cost of major repairs? It would be nice if bmw would offer a MPPK for the 50i and x5m to keep warranty valid for somebody who wants a little boost in power , but like you said you have to pay to play if serious power is wanted at the cost of possibly giving up your warranty!
04 325xi, 91 gmc Syclone, 08 335xi, and 13 x3 35i msp
2014 x5 50i msport
Appreciate 1
DuSh2113.50