06-15-2020, 06:47 PM   #51
F15GorDe
Well versed in the care and feeding of BMWs
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15d, F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiego View Post
This is my first post. Recently picked up a pre-owned 2015 X5 Diesel and need to do the first oil change and DEF change. Dug through the posted manuals to try and gather the info I need but can't find it. I was able to find Youtube videos for both oil change/filter and adding DEF on older models but nothing specifically for my 2015. These are probably generally the same and it looks pretty straightforward but thought I'd ask here since some of you experts may know best practices.

FYI - Dealership wanted $370 today to do these, wow. I was not impressed enough by them to want to pay quite that much.

This is my first Diesel vehicle, and first BMW. Is it ok to use a domestic DEF brand and oil or do they need to be German or BMW specific brands? I'm trying to find everything locally and it's not been that easy so need to work with what I can get around here. Thanks

What part of the state are you located in?