Dinan-M
Dinan-M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL MEJOR View Post
BMW is lien holder. They own the car. And therefor they control what happens with car. He's taking it to another country which he would have to cancel U.S. insurance. If he doesn't have proper coverage then BMW won't allow it. Like when you lease a car in USA the lien holder requires minimum of 100/300 coverage. Anything less and they won't approve sale. Also if you cancel insurance(some insurance companies won't do it without lien holder approving it) they can/will repo the car.
You're correct. I just got off the phone with USAA office in Frankfurt, Germany and they have agreed to take off the two rental car accident as my fault. Now I have to wait till USAA system updates to show this so the underwriters can write the policy. This may take 2 days till Monday 8 Feb, I have to ship the car by 10 Feb out of Dallas port. Let's hope BMW North America can get me the proper documents in time. USAA has the market on all Korea insurance, on American cars, if you don't have them and a lien on your car you cannot ship! I sold the 06 M5 yesterday so I'm a little down. I would have shipped that one because I have the title in hand. Now if I can ship my X5M I will sell my other BMW 2004 X3, for $4,500.

Long story on that one! I bought the X3 for work while in Kansas because of the snow, bought it from a Volvo dealership and they put a 120 days bumper-to bumber warranty. So I took it the local BMW dealership and they gave me a work up on it what needed to be replace or repaired. It came to over $9000k. So I took the sheet to the Volvo dealership and they fixed everything on list. I only paid $12,000 k for it with 75k mile on it. Now it has 107k miles looking to sell for $4500 firm, it has a couple of door dinks, but overall it's a great car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0