02-04-2024, 09:58 AM   #74
atopa2002
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z3M, 2013 e92 M3, F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooolone2 View Post
I don't think this will end well for LH... Team doesn't make the man! It will allow him to fade into retirement with a Golden Crest on his chest, but with nothing more.

Maybe they're bringing him along to help CL improve his driving enough to get over the hump and actually challenge Red Bull, but I doubt that too. LH would've done better to just stick it out and retire where he is. But it's not his nature, maybe sure he sees something all of us on the sideline can't see and is making a smart move, who knows. But there is something to be said about loyalty.

I believe too the driver makes the car, constructors can only take it so far, but the driver takes it further! Evident in MV aggressiveness and wins lately. It's definitely not about $, but massaging egos too, and we know LH has one that doesn't fit in his helmet or cars... Good luck to him, 24' is certainly going to be interesting now for sure. Will he give the Arrows one last hoorah on his way out the door, or if it's a tight race will he back off and allow Team Ferrari to squeak by! Hmmmmm... I find these advance contract issues to be problematic, a conflict of interest with little doubt it introduces issues. Why fight too hard in a corner, why take risks, why worry about strategy, just let the wind flow!

In any event, now there's plenty to talk about in the off-season, and during the entire coming 24' race circuit as well. Lol, maybe that's all its about, Ferrari needs to be talked about more than others, regardless of how well they do! You know those Italians, can't help but talk with their hands moving, needing extra attention! Hahahaha

It's all good, sit back and enjoy the show!
What will he acheive by staying at Merc? Nothing , that car whatever 15 is not beating the RB in 2024 and 2025 and I heard Toto was not renewing his contract past 2025.
Remember merc is not starting off fresh where others have had 2 years of dev already

He is goving then a whole year for merc to find this replacement instead of pulling a Nico
Appreciate 0