Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i M Sport, M3(sold)

Garage List
2014 X5 50i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daceptak0n View Post
Interesting! Did you pull the entire bumper away or just give it some room for you to reach your hands in? Did you start with a specific grille first (left vs right)?
I only pulled it away enough to get the access I needed. I barely had to pull it away to get the top and side clips released. To get the bottom clips I had to pull it away a bit more to get my entire hand/wrist down inside, but once I did that I just released the bumper and let it press against my wrist, to allow the least amount of pressure on the bumper. Still, it's not going to break (I imagine it would eventually if you pulled hard enough, but no reason to do that).

Start with the left. I don't recall why but I saw that mentioned in several DIY videos/forum posts.

Edit - if you don't care about your stock grills & plan to trash them, you could always go about it like these idiots -

If you don't have bolt cutters just use a sledgehammer. Or if that's too much work just run your X5 into a light pole. That will quickly and easily remove your old grills.
Appreciate 0