08-17-2019, 09:01 PM   #3546
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
I understand 100% what you are saying. And in the past I did that. In the interim I got my certificate to teach basic pistol and took two more intermediate courses (SD)and for the past almost 4 years I average 7 private lessons per year (cheap-75 bucks) in a Law Enforcement Center.

The chances of needing to draw very quickly are almost nill..if someone has a bead on you , you would want to run around (harder target) and get your firearm out. This scenario limits you with no round in the chamber.

First the likelihood of a misfeed in a nervous situation is much higher.

But More importantly:

You lose the secrecy. Your most dangerous time is when you are in a restaurant eating. In this case you slowly and secretly draw your firearm and position it so you can get a shot off almost instantly. Racking and needing to let the slide forward and you lose the edge.

If you carry you need to think of conditions where you might need it. What I have mentioned is the biggest threat time. My instructor and I have spent time prepping these things.

The moon will fall out of the sky before a safetylless glock goes off without your finger on the trigger.

How do think you could get in trouble with one in the pipe? Again I am not looking for an argument. :cheers:
Why would you ever consider carrying a firearm and not have one chambered. Especially if you're carrying a Glock. You can literally throw the thing on the ground with one in chamber and it will not go off. I carried one for over 20 years it was always loaded with one in the chamber and ready to go, that is what the pistol is designed for. And FTR.....practice, practice practice . When under stress you want only to rely on muscle memory. You don't want to be fucking around with racking etc.....you'll be scared, panicked and your fine motor skills will go for a shit, you'll have tunnel vision and if you shoot most of your rounds will likely miss so screwing around with functioning the action will put you on the losing end of any gun fight. He who shots first wins.

Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 08-17-2019 at 09:24 PM..
Appreciate 2
chowser512025.00
paliknight2191.50