View Single Post
      03-10-2014, 05:50 PM   #113
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR-NYC View Post

BTW - any replica may have the same physical attributes of the original but it by no means needs to meet the same performance standards or tolerances of an original. Even generic drugs don't have to meet the same criteria of the original.
Now that I have to say something about.. I worked at a pharmaceutical company. Generic drugs are 100% the same. Generics are drugs that the patent expired and so other manufacturers can now manufacture it. The FDA has all the formulas on file so they are the exact same drugs and everyone has access to the same manufacturing process and formulas.

As for the M3 copy you are talking about, if it doesn't have the same parameters as the original - I wouldn't buy it. You mentioned a replica 99% of people would not be able to tell which means it would be pretty much the same as I expect a 99% replica to have the same performance and build. My argument about the car is simply that Brand does not matter to me. I am not a brand whore. I didn't buy an M3 because I wanted a BMW - I wanted an M3. If that happens to be a Hyundai/KIA M3, then so be it. It'd still be a great car.