Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenopoly View Post
anything hublot. Its all trash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K19BMW View Post
Agreed
Please describe the objective elements that make "all" Hublot watches trash.

Steven, your comment makes me think you've been reading too much Watch Snob and not actually going to see watches for yourself. I don't mind that you don't like Hublot watches. Anyone is free to not like whatever they want to. Trash, however, is not at all what they are. Try on just about anything from their Classic Fusion line and I think you'll be impressed. More than a few of the Big Bang models are quite nice as well.

Hublot's first watch

Hublot Big Bang

Hublot Big Bang and Classic Fusion Tourbillons

Hublot Classic Fusion Denim

Hublot Classic Fusion (just the basic version ~$3.8K) and the Hublot Classic Fusion Mandela in King Gold

Inside Hublot watches carry both in-house movements and 3rd party ones much as one will find from the likes of AP, Tudor, Breitling, Tag, the most collectible (and most expensive) Rolex Daytonas, non/pre-co-axial Omegas, and many others.

In 2005, the Big Bang won the Best Design award at the Grand Prix D'horlogerie in Geneva, Switzerland. Between the watch below and the ROO, on the basis of looks (I'm not that privy to what's inside the BB) I'll take the BB.

The build quality on Hublot watches is unsurpassed, being every bit the equal of its direct competitors.
  • Their "quick release" strap feature makes changing the look of the watch a breeze; only thing easier to swap in and out is a grosgrain/NATO-style cloth band.
  • Hublot developed a variety of unique alloys of gold that boost the properties consumers most want.
    • King Gold -- an alloy of gold, copper and platinum that makes "rosier" their rose gold and boosts it's scratch resistance. (Rolex also alloy platinum into their gold.)
    • Magic Gold -- an alloy of gold with a bit of ceramic in it so that it's actually so hard that only diamond can scratch it. (http://iwmagazine.com/2014/03/gold-s...n-watchmaking/)
Lastly, listen to Hublot's minute repeater.

Now listen to Patek's.

Hublot's has a much nicer tone. It doesn't sound "dingy" for lack of a better term.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0