View Single Post
      02-17-2016, 10:16 AM   #79
Adamrt
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
I haven't dealt with them either, but I've also never since I bought mine -- 1980s -- needed a repair. I have a tank watch.

Of course, the sad truth is that so long as everything goes as expected, we don't hear a peep. People are quick to say "so and so was <insert negative comment>". Rarely do people go out of their way to say, "everything went just like it should have." Thus the WWW is loaded with people griping, but not with people saying what a wonderful experience they had.

Wrickem,
You can dislike Cartier. That's fine. You can be angry with them because they ticked you off. That's fine and understandable, to a point.
  • What repair did you need? For what watch that you'd had for how long?
  • What actions on Cartier's part made them a pain to deal with?
I suppose any watch can go out of style. I have a Tank and it's hardly out of style, for men or women. The idea of Cartier and "out of style" is very much the same as the idea of Porsche and "slow cars." That they don't go out of style is why Cartier watches command such high resale values at auction and hold their own quite well. (http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/...es-ge1401.html)

I am curious to learn of the specific "drama" you had with them and their watches. You are the first person I've ever heard tell of such a thing.
I have bought 3 Cartier's and whilst I like the watches the customer service stinks, my wife's watch a Ladies Cartier 21 like this one

The gold numbers wore off and Cartier give a life time guarantee for defective workmanship so I took it back, they told me it isn't defective workmanship! what they designed it to wear off? and it would cost me £500 (thats pounds not dollars) to get repaired

So I told them to 'F' off and I will not be buying from them again
Appreciate 0