View Single Post
      02-22-2016, 10:30 AM   #30
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungConnoisseur View Post
Sorry I am a die hard watch snob and there is absolutely nothing used even for under 2500 that isn't an embarrassment.
That first sentence was a quote, forget who that that about a good time.

Watches, like art, have classes. A 1k piece is like comparing "art" on the wall at mcdonalds to something in a French gallery. Might "look" ok but it's just not in the same league. As pretentious as it may be

*** the guy that said " a Rolex on your wrist won't lower your lap times... Well your half right, a lot of guys I've raced against wear 70grand+ pieces and a HEAVY HITTER watch can lower your lap times. As a racer myself, having a serious watch helps relax and focus you mentally which is a lot of the game. When you line up on the grid with pole, and have a fucking Richard Mille under your glove you feel like a man on the moon.... Tell me that's not a mental plus
I can name about 20 watches off the top of my head around $1k and below that have better movements and quality than a lot of $10k + watches. If you are all about the price, then you arent a true watch connoisseur. For under $2500 you can find Omegas with their excellent in house movements, Tudors, 100s of Swiss Made watches using ETA, modified ETA or complete in house movements, Grand Seikos with their 36,000bph (the AP RO is a 21,600bph for comparisons sake), etc...

As for Car Parts vs Watches, it depends on the watch and the part. If I'm between new turbo kit for $8k or $8k watch, ill go turbo kit. If im between $1500 wheels or $1500 watch, I may go watch depending on what it is.
Appreciate 1