Drives: E46 M3/2016 M4

Garage List
2009 MB C63  [0.00]
2012 BMW 535  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
2003 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdchicago View Post
Only Rolex can give you the 5 year Rolex Warranty. Got my SS Daytona from Rolex 2 years ago for no more than online.
I would not buy a used Rolex online. Only if they had a store front in case there is a problem and I need warranty work done (Rolex will void any warranty if not bought at a Rolex retailer. I think Bob's Watches does have a brick and mortar store somewhere.
This is partially true and AD's will tell you if you do not buy directly from them you are not covered blah, blah. Obviously, they want your business so they use those that scare tactic. If the watch was purchased at an AD then the remainder of the warranty is transferable to the new owner(regardless if you bought the watch directly from the original owner or a reputable reseller). The key words here are reputable and so as long as the watch has not been modified or worked on by a non Rolex service center you are fine. I have bought from both AD's and online sellers like DavidSW. The chances you will need warranty work are slim and in fact only warranty work I ever needed was on a ceramic Omega PO that I bought from a friend who bought it from someone else. My current 16610 sub is over 10 yrs old and has not been serviced yet though I do rotate my watches. The only Rolex watch I would consider buying(and currently on a wait list) at an AD are the new hard to get watches like the new ceramic Daytonas or new releases as pricing online will be the same or marked up. All others Rolex models can be purchased new or LNIB with papers and warranty for a significant savings. FWIW if you need warranty work send it to the Dallas RSC and not the New York one. There have been horror stories from that place but that is another story. If you want to keep the value in your Rolex avoid, dings and gouges to the case and when it needs service keep avoid refinishing and keep it to a minimum if it has to be refinished. Keep the dial, hands, bezel etc original especially for the vintage watches which Rolex does not like to service and do like to replace even if they don't have to. Their philosophy is to return the watch looking brand new but the worst thing you can do is replace a tritium original dial with a replacement service dial. Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0