Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04cobra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundown View Post
Anecdotally, over the years I've heard that DINAN, along with the selling/installing dealership, stand behind their warranty (wouldn't recommend buying from an unaffiliated third-party for this reason). I've also heard that DINAN cars aren't CPO eligible.

Clearly a less risky proposition than strapping on a JB4, but not without risk.

Separately... I must be getting old. I haven't once wished for more power. Can barely stretch the legs on this thing as it sits.
I turned in my 2010 335xi BMW off lease, had a piggyback tune on it, I was too lazy to remove. Dealership didn't find it (it wasn't hidden) and CPO'd the car. I happened to run across the new owner of the car, and checked and the tune was still there.

So just saying, I see no comfort in buying a CPO car over a normal used car.

Also, in terms of the warranty, it depends which dealer you go to, but BMW doesn't warranty the DINAN parts, DINAN will copy BMW's warranty if a part fails due to the DINAN part. Please correct me if this is inaccurate, but that is what I have read/researched. Sometimes the dealer will be cool and fix the issue, sometimes not, and then DINAN will step in and correct the problem
If a repair claim is denied by BMW based on the presence of a DINAN product, DINAN should step in and pay for the repair ("should" being the key word). It would be on a claim by claim basis, not a wholesale replacement of "warranty".

A benefit of buying a DINAN product from your selling dealer is that you're less likely to be caught between BMW NA and DINAN in the event that both view the other as responsible for the repair.

(I don't own any DINAN products, but gave a good think to going DINAN S3 on my 1M).
Appreciate 0