Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Saw my first G05 at the dealer!

Ok so was at my local Toyota dealer getting some work done on my wife's car and next door is their sister bmw dealer and I happened to catch 3 new G05 X40i!

1 M Sport and 2 X line or whatever they're calling them. I must say I do not like the exterior compared to my 50i M sport. I thought my front bumper looked much more aggressive compared to the new M sport bumper. Did love the look of the laser headlights though and can't wait to see them one day in action in person!

I did think the rear is great looking but still love the tail of my F15.

Finally the interior....ya the G05 blows the F15 out of the water. The quality of the HD screens and the materials are top notch. Love the metal textured knobs over the rubber in the F15 and love the center console lay out much better. Plus the HUD is much more clear and detailed. Even shows pictures of the local radio stations. And I finally have full control of the rear temperature to include setting the temp of each side of the rear from the front and can even lock out the rear from controlling it. Great if you have kids! Haha just can't say enough about the interior of the G05. Just a true joy. Even love the responsiveness of the touch screen although getting the gesture control to consistently work was a chore and basically got to work only once to turn up the volume. Anyway just thought I'd share.

Oh and it was nice to see that all the of the models had 4pot fixed front calipers with pinned front rotors. But they were not the sport brakes as they are just bare metal. Was surprised the m sport package didn't come with the brakes even on the 40i in this case. But still easily paintable and would look hella good over my floating calipers. Can't wait to see the 50i with m sport brakes.

Hell My wife came storming across the parking lot of the other dealership cuz I disappeared and didn't tell her as I was gone for about 30 minutes just button pushing.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 5
r33_RGSport12971.00
DuSh2113.50
Russmov1328.00