03-18-2018, 12:02 AM   #116
2003M5
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive50i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke I View Post
Did you also option the Adaptive M Suspension? If so, how does it compare with the DHP?

Or are you running DHP and AMS at the same time?

Thanks. Duke
I will have to double check the build sheet but it is my understanding the DHP is a replacement for Adaptive M or in other words its a step beyond Adaptive M and there are no settings to disable DHP so its always working to some degree. The suspension characteristics (and lack of body roll due to the ARS) in Sport mode are just right. In fact I currently have sport mode configured to Chassis only instead of "Chassis + Drivetrain" because I prefer the standard drivetrain settings instead of holding on to gears like it can tend to do around town if in sport drivetrain. Then if I'm already driving in "Sport Chassis" settings and need quicker or firmer shifting I can enter "Sport +" or simply flick the gear selector over to the left Sport mode. So many options! Another hard to explain feeling is how the torque vectoring works to throw you around the corner as the ARS is already keeping you flat. Feels like its built for autocross yet comfortable over almost any road.
Appreciate 2