03-15-2024, 06:55 PM   #12
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane435 View Post
You also implied the iaw product comes from china. That is also not true. Mine came directly from the states. The designs are similar but one is superior and the price reflects that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasG42 View Post
Most of these intakes seem to be very similar Made in China designs.

Do you know if there are any differences in the cone filter ? Or do they mostly all just use a generic cone filter ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
the filters are always going to be different, you can easily tell the difference by putting them side by side and comparing the sound it makes. the higher flow filters will have a louder sound.

When you are buying a product directly from China, you are most likely getting a copy of a copy of a copy. With each copy, the quality goes down a little bit.

If the price is too good to turn down and you are on a limited budget, you can give it a try but when you have brands like MAD offering products at a very reasonable price, you are better off getting it from a US company that has a reputation to keep and will offer solid customer support when needed.
I wasn't addressing IAW in my response; I have never heard of them until i read this thread. We were discussing the differences between purchasing an intake directly from China versus buying from a US-based company that manufactures in China.

I mentioned that if the price is exceptionally good, it's worth considering. This comment wasn't about IAW, as their pricing is higher than MAD's, making it a different conversation altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane435 View Post
No disrespect intended!
Im glad thats not the case

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0