View Single Post
      12-09-2017, 11:59 PM   #4
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

So far so good with this 328D. You can easily do 80-90 MPH and still get good fuel economy. Quite surprised with how good it is on fuel.

I drove from Culver City all the way down to Dana Point and when I arrived the tank was still full ?? I was not doing 65 MPH either and I still got close 50 MPG ?

It is no M3 but it is not that slow either. Can easily cruise at 100-120 MPH comfortably all day long although California traffic and traffic laws do not allow for this to happen. I can see this as a nice autobahn cruiser across Europe with good fuel economy at 100-130 MPH.

The heater on this thing works very very good also. Puts out some nice hot air from that Diesel engine. Not sure about cold air from air conditioning unit yet.
Factory brakes are good but not Porsche good although good enough for highway driving. May not be up to task at the track but very good for the street and highway. Handling with M Sports Package is very good for street and freeway driving but no Cayman handling that is adequate for track days.

Car came with stock stereo and stereo is actually not so good. Need to upgrade the stereo system. Perhaps speakers and amp need an upgrade.
New navigation unit is good. For some odd reason this 2018 3 series out of Germany did not get the new digital dashboard that all other 2018 models got..
Attached Images

Appreciate 1