View Single Post
      08-27-2015, 06:56 AM   #37
stevenopoly
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 350z

Quote:
Originally Posted by K19BMW View Post
I can't answer for Steven but for me, Hublot just seems like it's an expensive knockoff of AD ROO. I'm not to familiar with the new inhouse movements they are now using (so maybe my opinion will change) but their Big Bang line (which is by far their most well known line) just seemed like gaudy AD Royal Oak Offshore copies with an ETA movement and an incredibly high price tag.

I mean I'm sure their cases are nice but for the money they charge for their watches you need more then just a nice case. But like I said, I was unfamiliar with their new movements so I will have to give them another review once I learn more.
This is the reason. To me Hublot looks like a shit and cheap version of Audemars. I would never get a Hublot when there's Audemars. And it isn't all aesthetics, but rather the horological history behind the company.

some poster said they didn't like AP aesthetically, which is fine. I used to not like it as well...until I saw one in person. Actually come to think of it, I only like the Royal Oaks and non of the Offshores.

My favorite brand is A Lange and Sohne, but too bad I'm poor.
Appreciate 0