08-27-2015, 10:01 PM   #40
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
As for Hublot styling, Gerald Gents who did the AP-Royal Oak also designed an IWC with similar bezel screw arrangement and Patek Nautilus that all have the Genta design elements. Unlike in photos, in-person I think each of the previous watches mentioned have distinct appearances.
As for the bracelet and lug design between AP and Hublot, if I were to guess they are traditional configurations inspired by centuries of jewelry/bracelets.
I'll make you a Hublot fan
I was just reading that Jean-Claude Biver of Hublot in recent years had worked at AP in the 1970's.

I encourage everyone to chk out the MB&F website.
The bezel screw design language was introduced well before Genta designed the Royal Oak. Cartier applied the idea to their Santos watch ages ago in 1913 (I've seen various dates cited: 1904, 1910, 1911...for this post, the precise date is irrelevant) with the Santos Dumont.

In 2004, the watch shown above was offered in an updated version that carried the 430MC movement made by Piaget.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0