Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric@helix View Post
Here's my favorite video re: OP topic.

[video deleted]
I won't pretend to be a big fan of Tag, but I also have a few of them. They have their place and as time telling machines, they get the job done and the construction is more than sturdy enough. The styling is what it is; one likes it or one doesn't.

As for what I think of Tag, it's been changing in recent years.As for what Archie Luxury had to say in that video, well, I understand it from the perspective of a serious collector who's focused on history and horology. From the standpoint of a consumer who wants a nice watch that gets the job done, Archie if FOS! In other words, if one insists on being a snob about watches and what watches people wear, a few Tag models are a good choice of watch.

One other thing about Archie, the thing that I like least about him, is that for all his proselytizing about watches, and what is so "crappy" about Tags, his ethics and integrity aren't above buying and selling the damn things!

So in Archie, what we see is this guy who seemingly wants to encourage people to buy "grander" watches, and eschew Tags, yet he's willing to be party to their buying a watch he himself despises. Really?!? That the integrity level we see in a guy who wants you and me to trust his input and say so?!?! You know what, when Hell freezes over, maybe I'll think about it.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 1