08-28-2015, 02:01 PM   #52
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
You know, reading your list made me realize how much I am starting to dislike Cartier. I've got 3 that I HAD TO HAVE when I saw them (Santos, Must 21 diver, Roadster) and as the years go by, I realize how fast they become dated and yesterday's shiny new thing and never get worn.

Cartier is also a bitch to deal with to get them repaired. I almost fell victim again when I was looking at the Calibre which is gorgeous, but realized if i went with a PAM392, I'd be wearing it 5-10 years from now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bimmer77 View Post
Oh good to know . I have never dealt with a Cartier warranty or repair. So matpybe I will leave the Breitling as my first choice. Thanks for the info.
I haven't dealt with them either, but I've also never since I bought mine -- 1980s -- needed a repair. I have a tank watch.

Of course, the sad truth is that so long as everything goes as expected, we don't hear a peep. People are quick to say "so and so was <insert negative comment>". Rarely do people go out of their way to say, "everything went just like it should have." Thus the WWW is loaded with people griping, but not with people saying what a wonderful experience they had.

Wrickem,
You can dislike Cartier. That's fine. You can be angry with them because they ticked you off. That's fine and understandable, to a point.
  • What repair did you need? For what watch that you'd had for how long?
  • What actions on Cartier's part made them a pain to deal with?
I suppose any watch can go out of style. I have a Tank and it's hardly out of style, for men or women. The idea of Cartier and "out of style" is very much the same as the idea of Porsche and "slow cars." That they don't go out of style is why Cartier watches command such high resale values at auction and hold their own quite well. (http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/...es-ge1401.html)

I am curious to learn of the specific "drama" you had with them and their watches. You are the first person I've ever heard tell of such a thing.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 1