View Single Post
      08-07-2019, 02:01 PM   #145
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivarox View Post
I also forgot to say that Rolex also introduced a Cellini with a moonphase function , a totally novelty as well.
Newer movements introduced 3 years ago as I recall. However, it seems to take time to trickle down to the more budget friendly models as expected .
I like Powermatic ,you can have it less than a grand almost but you will get a Mido , Tissot, Certina may be . Not bad brands but that's it . I have a Longines Hyroconquest with 64 hours power reserve and I bought it instead of those powermatic models and very satisfied with my choice .
Having too much power reserve is not something that to be proud of , accuracy is way more important and Rolex just delivers it with a price of course but compared to other Swiss brands ,I don't think Rolex is overpriced more expensive than Omega but holds value just as good as Patek Philippe
Just wait till Rolex starts raising all the MSRPs on these watches to more closely reflect what they are selling on the secondary market like many in the industry suspect. They already started raising MSRP on all models, and not one person groaned about it because they are all selling for more on the secondary market. Once this happens, you will see them not hold as much value.

As for movements, yes they have an oddball one here or there (the SD for example. The Cellini, everyone has a moonphase), but for the most part, their movements have not changed. Omega movements surpassed Rolex movements in terms of complexity and quality a decade ago and Rolex is just now starting to respond and get their movements up to par with the rest of the big name, in house movement companies.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 3
Z K1888.50