Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C & E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanecoder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiem3 View Post
Just curious - not a big deal but it's a natural inclination to compare year over year.

I guess it's an evolution of value. When M track days first came out, they were free. Many folks complained about the $250.

Speaking of value, you could do an entire day at a BMWCCA HPDE (obviously different in your car) at some great tracks for $250. That's 80 minutes of track time vs two 8 minutes sessions and you aren't stuck in a lead follow...
Well yea the HDPE seems cheaper but once you add in the track insurance and the shot tires and the wear and tear on your own vehicle pushed to the max
... it adds up fast
that said the on-track time between the HDPE and M track day is incomparable.. HDPE wins
Totally fair. I ran the numbers last year and 2 days at VIR or Watkins in my e92 m3 cost me between $600 and $800 a day in terms of fixed cost (gas, track expense and insurance) plus variable (track pads, rotors, tires, high temp brake fluid, motul oil, etc) and that didn't take into account general depreciation or extra wear on bigger items.

I guess the broader point is that these events aren't a substitute or comparable event to/for an HPDE. Great chance to see the m cars in a more intensive test drive but nothing like a track day.

I say all that to reiterate that I agree. An M Track Day is really cool and good value but not a real track day.
Appreciate 1
SakhirM410784.50