View Single Post
      02-01-2019, 08:58 AM   #51891
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

So it was some miserable driving yesterday, whiteout conditions on the highway and many of the back roads. Literally could not see much more than 20 feet in front of you type thing.

So anyhow, I came home from work around lunchtime to grab my dog and run him up to the vet for a quick vaccination and I'm going down the highway with others...maybe moving at about 30/40 km/h where we can't see, and then in the clear patches I was doing the limit at about 90ish even though there was a lot of snow on the highway.

As I'm passing one of the roads that lead onto the highway, I see this cop sitting there and he flicks on his lights and pulls onto the highway almost directly after me...but because there is so much snow, he couldn't really accelerate that well, so I gained about a kilometre on him by the time I figure he got up to speed.

I don't *think* he was trying to pull me over because I was only exceeding the limit by about 5km/h or so...but now I'm not sure. He kept his lights on the whole time (I could see him well behind me), but with the snow and traffic, he never caught up to me, even when he tried moving into the fast lane.

But the reason I'm not sure if maybe he actually did want to pull me over and have a little chat about my driving was that I took my exit which was slightly hidden from him and the road runs parallel to the highway (easily visible). So I'm driving along this road and I see him and it is almost like he realizes it was me, because he slows down on the highway, and then pulls off on the shoulder almost parallel to me with the lights still on (but he missed the exit). At that point, I was at the vets, so I just pulled in to the lot and went inside.

But his actions were a little odd...wondering now if he wished to have a little chat. Plus when I came out of the vet's about 10 minutes later, I saw two cars had collided right behind where he had pulled over (so I'm wondering if maybe he started to back up along the shoulder to go back to the exit I took and caused an accident)...because those cars were definitely not there when I pulled in.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00