01-24-2022, 05:02 PM   #241
corduroy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 xDrive40e (F15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imchrisf View Post
I do have a wish list for this ride though. 1, It came with 3G and so all the online features are dead. I really want a way to update this, but my Local dealer wont even discuss doing any upgrade unless it is on the BMW approved list and for some reason mine is not. 2. I would like to see updgraded hybrid batteries. I see them for Prius and Tesla. I would think we could get them too. 15 miles is great, but 30-50 would be perfect. 3. I want to learn how to code it so that the LED color changes, and it always starts in Eco Pro.
I'm not a fan of Eco Pro. It wasn't charging my 12v when I used it extensively and I didn't see better battery range over comfort (since you lose regenerative abilities). Maybe I'll look into it again in the summer.

You can get some type of remote start back. I posted here what you need to change with Bimmercode and you'll be able to remote start with your key fob. You lose the alarm yelling function (or whatever your 4th button is on your fob).

As far as traffic information that uses connecteddrive, I enabled standard RTTI via Bimmercode but won't know if it works until 3G is shut off as I still have an active subscription. Standard RTTI isn't as fast as extensive RTTI but if it works, it'll be some option still available via idrive (although, I do recommend installing an MMI. I usually stick with Android Auto when it comes to map stuff).

You can get Mission Tuning to unlock the battery. It'll probably void your warranty on the hybrid battery, but a couple people have said that range is much better (I think they were getting 15 before, 23-25 after?).

Yeah, it would be great if there was an aftermarket hybrid battery alternative for these cars. BUT it would be a PITA to do (I think you need a hoist to fit inside the cargo area and remove the seats). Also, a Prius battery is like 2k (aftermarket) but the battery in the 40e is like 7x larger. Maybe a company will come out with replacement modules instead of total replacement.
Appreciate 0