Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN1111 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizikeTSK View Post
Quote:
Change the oil that's you're using.

Which engine do you have?
The dealer has been doing the oil changes for me since I had maint plan. Is the OEM oil junk? I also have the NT63TU engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizikeTSK View Post
Quote:
Change the oil that's you're using.

Which engine do you have?
The dealer has been doing the oil changes for me since I had maint plan. Is the OEM oil junk? I also have the NT63TU engine.
The oem oil is trash for our v8s. I'm using liqui moly 5w-40. It's way better. Not even close to oem oil.
My 5.0i always smells like burning oil after driving it hard. I and the dealer techs are both not able to find a leak anywhere. Someone here or on another forum suggested that it might be a tiny leak on a line somewhere that has been known to leak when it expands due to heat.

Would moving to a thicker oil help you think? I've been using 0w-30 Mobil 1 or Pennzoil. 5w-50 red line suggested by the guy above with the tuned X5 seems like a drastic change but I'm open to it. Mine is not tuned and just my wife's daily driver.
Yes it will definitely help unless you have a big leak. Make sure you check the timing case for leaks.

I'm running liqui moly molygen 5w40 in mine and it made a tremendous improvement. Give it a try I don't think you'll regret it. I also use the liqui moly engine flush at oil changes.
Appreciate 0