United_States
Rep
Drives: 23' X7 40i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by classic_erik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by classic_erik View Post
Brought the truck in this week because I felt shamed about the suspension creaking! I was living with it, but writing up that suspension deep-dive post really got me thinking that it was unacceptable.

Turns out my K-MAC adjustable bushings are completely rusted and shot. I am in shock. These were installed only last June! Trying to decide my next move, but I'm happy the creaking wasn't due to my BC Racing Coilovers.

Do you guys think I should wait for a warranty replacement from K-MAC and just replace the bad bushings, or go back to a new OEM lower control arm? The labor for replacing the bushings on the existing control arms is more than replacing the entire control arm! Also thinking that since these are the original control arms / ball joints it is probably a good idea to replace the whole thing and move on. I will just have to deal with the negative camber in this scenario.
Update - Spoke with Kevin at K-MAC who confirmed they completely overhauled the adjustable bushings with a new design so this type of issue won't happen again. I am going to replace the lower control arms and give K-MAC another shot with the free replacement adjustable bushings.
Final update:

Had my front lower control arms replaced this week and all of my creaking problems from the failed KMAC adjustable bushings are solved. I purchased Lemforder OE arms from FCP Euro that include the updated ball joint design

I made the decision to skip the KMAC front camber kit this time around given the high cost of labor for pressing (additional $400). Kevin from KMAC explained the newly designed bushings could withstand the pressure during an alignment but I didn't want to ever deal with this again.

Even with the factory control arms, my indy was able to keep the negative camber in the front right around -1.0 while bringing the toe into factory spec so I'm happy with the results!

Lastly, I made the decision to go back to the middle dampening settings on the BC Racing coilovers as the truck was just too bouncy. So far I'm happy to report it was the right decision! We will see how the bottoming out analysis continues…