United_States
Rep
Drives: 23' X7 40i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman0323 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by classic_erik View Post
Hey guys, wanted to put together a build thread for my first BMW. Pretty conservative build from the factory with a lot of potential. Joined Bimmerpost the first week I took delivery and was off to the races! Every single mod was influenced from what I've seen from others on the forum. I can't stress enough that I literally built this with you over the past 2.5 years. I love you guys. THANK YOU.

My goal with this build was clean and mean. I've never seriously modded a car or truck before so I have to say this was so much fun looking back through all of my experiences. Lots of ups and downs. I could probably say if I had to do each mod again I'd take a different approach with the install. That said I tried to install as much as I could within reason. With each mod I experienced a full spectrum of emotions ranging from joy, satisfaction, headaches, anxiety and even anger. Went through a million clips, lost pieces of random plastic stuff that I have no idea what they were for, and lost screws and torque bits in areas I will never be able to access or retrieve. Just got to move on to the next mod...Trust me it was all FUN!

Parts list with a few comments:

Exterior
  • M Performance Carbon Fiber Front Splitter
  • M Performance Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser
  • M Performance Carbon Fiber Rear Splitters
  • RW Carbon F85 Carbon Fiber Mirrors
  • RW Carbon Carbon Fiber Side Skirts
  • M Performance Gloss Black Kidney Grill
  • M Performance Gloss Black Rear Spoiler
  • M50D Open Grill and Trim Conversion - Installed these at the same time as the IND front reflectors. These were the single biggest PITA mods I came across. Honestly not sure how you can do these mods without taking the front bumper off. That was fun...
  • IND Gloss Black Roundels and Badges
  • IND Painted Reflectors
  • Autotecknic Carbon Fiber Fender Inserts
  • Autotecknic Carbon Fiber F85 Grill
  • Thule Aero Rack
  • XPEL Prime XR Plus 20% Front Tint

Interior
  • Alcantara and Perforated Leather Steering Wheel w/ F85 M Performance Carbon Fiber Trim - 2nd wheel I've ordered from Coby - Couldn't recommend them enough!
  • F85 Napa Black Knee Pads - Another PITA mod.
  • M Performance Carbon Fiber / Alcantara Trim
  • M Performance Carbon Fiber Shifter
  • M Performance Carbon Fiber Console
  • M Performance Stainless Steel Pedals
  • M Performance Illuminated Door Sills
  • IND Polar Blue Start Button
  • M LED Puddle Lights

Suspension
  • BC Racing Coilovers - Good all around coilover from BC Racing. If you want a modest uptick in performance while lowering your truck at a good price, these are for you. Note they only make a kit to replace the standard 4 steel spring option. Take your time dialing these in - PATIENCE required.
  • KMAC front adjustable bushings - Big fan of camber kits - Along with the SPC rear kit, these are the only ones available for our trucks. I was able to bring negative camber to exactly -1.0 on all 4 corners with this kit. I couldn't handle the tucked look so this was more of a cosmetic mod even though you will see a cost savings on tire life.
  • SPC Industries adjustable rear control arms - See above.

Performance Upgrades
  • M Performance Brake Kit with F85 Rotors - #1 favorite mod to date - The stock 50i setup is criminally unacceptable.
  • Brembo Rear Big Brake Kit (Porsche Retrofit) - BMW needs to include 4 pot rear calipers on all of their performance vehicles. C'mon!
  • Dinan Stage 1 Tune - I posted recently about my first Dynojet pulls registering 423 awhp / 478 awtq here.
  • Dinan Cold Air Intake - Pretty carbon fiber housing that sounds mean but not worth the money - the modest performance gains don't justify the cost.
  • SuperSprint Race Muffler w/ Gloss Black Powdercoat Tips - Beautiful Italian engineering that brought my truck to the next level.
  • NGK Laser Iridium Plugs - Gapped at 0.60mm

Current Wheels
  • BC Forged HCA162S - 22x10.5+30 / 11.5+16 (Matte Black Center/Gloss Black Lip/Black Exposed Hardware) w/ Atturo AZ850s. Experimented with my offsets relative to my first set of BC Forged 22s, going slightly more aggressive. I think these are the perfect offsets for those who are lowered on coilovers. Favorite wheels to date and only added an hour of detailing time with a 2 piece exposed hardware wheel! Give Atturo a shot - quite the underrated tire brand. Some additional photos here.
  • 611M Winter Set - Gloss Black Powdercoat w/ IND custom black center caps. Running with 15mm spacers on all 4 corners.

Previous Wheels in Order
  • 469M - Brief stint with original set off the lot.
  • 467M (Winter set) - Paid full price for this winter set from the dealer at time of purchase. Still my worst buy to date but I was clueless at the time.
  • 612M - Gloss Black - These were (and still are) my favorite OEM wheel.
  • BC Forged RZ21 - 22+10.5+32 / 11.5+19 in Gloss Brushed Dark Black - Absolutely loved these wheels. First dive into a forged wheel and couldn't have been happier. Decided I wanted a satin black wheel so moved on.

AND I'M DONE!!!

How did you get the interior led so bright?
Nothing this is just good lighting I suppose 👍🏻