View Single Post
      11-18-2021, 02:40 PM   #39
KLR X5M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNGRia View Post
Where do you see this info that your vehicle needs spare key to be made by Lock Smith and put inside the car ?

I think you are confused by other products. This one comes with all necessary connections PnP, you hook up to BDC and the device reads all the info and activates remote start. Plus BDC has all the ISN info, once you get the EEPROM data you are into the EWS system.

To me it is pretty easy job to put this device in place. It shouldn't take more than 1 hour.
Where are you getting info that is does what you say? Did the manufacturer provide? When I reached out this time last year to a number of these "smart key" style vendors, they all confirmed that a key was required. I even have full install instructions that say so. Moreover, from some people who tested, they noted it also disables the factory comfort access functions, and would intermittently not open the door either. Maybe this is a new version that has finally added built in a immobilizer bypass, but unlikely. If you want to buy and try for the good of the community , happy to see it.
Appreciate 0