11-21-2020, 10:53 PM   #5
Infiniteflow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6GC SMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickrick2 View Post
I recently purchased an X5M. I did extensive research before diving in. I can tell you that the 2017 - XM5's are averaging in the 60 to 65k range and the 2018 are in the 67 to 75k range depending on the mileage.

I traded in my 2015 X5 i50 msport which was in really good shape and loaded except for adaptive suspension. Only had 28k miles. After research regarding sale or trade in I established that those are trading in for around 33k or private sale 35k. Retail I'm estimating $35 to 38k. After exhausting negotiating I was able to obtain close to 31,6k as a trade. The good thing is you gain the tax benefit to put against the new car when trading in.

From what I've seen and researched the benefit, depending how you look at it, is purchasing pre certified and loaded instead of new.

Best of luck and hope this helps.

Ps; coming from an X5 msport i50 - V8 twin turbo pushing 445HP is nothing to sneeze at but after driving the X5M I can tell you that I'm a bit afraid of the car. It's pure power at your beck and call. Two completely different animals!

What I've also noticed is that is you find the right loaded X5 i50 msport or XM5 they do not last long at the dealership.
Thanks for sharing your experience/process in finding your X5M and congratulations! Is there any big difference between 2015~2017 models to the newer one before G series? Also did you care to look at X6M? I kinda like X6M more but not sure, it is kinda unicorn lol

yes, when I purchase a car I like to get a pre-owned so I won't be hit by the big depreciation and I am ok with the car being used. what kinda warranty were you able obtain with your purchase? I was looking at Carmax route because Carmax warranty is easy and not very expensive.

Yes even my M6 is scary.. it's slightly tuned to 690 to the crank and I don't think I will ever use the full potential of the car.. given that I barely even drive the car lol.. do you think if this car is for my wife it would be too much? to be honest.. I am in the driver seat 85% of the time..

Last edited by Infiniteflow; 11-21-2020 at 10:58 PM..
Appreciate 0