View Single Post
      12-12-2023, 05:18 PM   #4
tkaboly
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 xdrive35i

Hello to the two folks who responded to me. It helped heal my heart. The seller was a private seller, a friend of a friend, they kept the car cabin like brand new. So, I agree I got a good price and the mileage is real and only 104,000 to be exact. They didn't drive it much due to their lifestyle. The valve cover gasket I dont see nor smell any oil, and dealer on park shore pointed out the area but it only looked dusty to me, i didnt see any oil. The mechanic was not accessible, the service person at the compter pointed to me the area. I have never seen a car at 60K miles/ 100K kilometers need a valve cover gasket. Has anyone purchased aftermarket valve cover and gasket from autozen.ca or parts avatar ? did the part fit ? aftermarket is $115, the OEM version sold on the website is $500. Also does anyone recommed replacing PCV valve, spark plugs, or anything else while the valve cover and gasket are being replaced ?
What mileage is a new valve cover needed or do i simply see if the dealer mechance is rough and cracks it forcing me to buy a valve cover too? I am nervous for the valve cover job as youtube shows so many pieces have to be removed just to get to the valve gasket.
Appreciate 0