12-18-2017, 08:14 AM   #96
Silververtu
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Now the sound: it for the first time satisfied my inner urge for the deep V8 growl and burble on idle and low rpms. It sounds very deep and nice! It is a bit more louder than the big trucks with V8 you heard like all those domestic full size trucks with V8. However, if you give it a bit more gas it gets substantially noticeable around in traffic. Nothing to extreme - I really like it!
Now the thing is - when you push gas pedal 1/2 way or 3/4 way - that is when n63tu starts growling very angry - I scare trucks now with that sound. Ever noticed some Shelby or Corvette with deep sound making revs and terrorizing traffic and other smaller cars? I let them taste their own medicine - ripped WOT couple of times near them lol to let them taste true German V8 power probably gave them a shell shock as they quickly stop revving, changed lines and fade away in utter surprise on their faces and prefer not to engage
So it's loud at WOT, be warned. But if you drive anywhere up to 3/4 of throttle - it sounds very mellow and deep like a sporty V8 should sound. Turns heads often as I drive as people are not used to such deep sound coming from a German car

I will try to do some videos later, but I'm flying back to NY today for Christmas. Hopefully others will do this mod as this is so far most satisfying mod that I did
Great review!

How about the sound in cabin in terms of scale 1 to 10? Any drones on hwy speed while you are doing 60-80mph in comfort mode?

I am so looking forward to do this mod but my car is still at the dealership waiting to be fixed.

Gone but not forgotten:
2006 2.0T A4 Avant, 2007 Z4 Roadster 3.0si, 2006 M Roadster, 2013 550i M Sport, 2015 Cayman S, 2015 X5 50i M Sport
Appreciate 0