Thread: Audio systems
View Single Post
      01-26-2019, 05:07 AM   #276
Jrunr
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 M40i - G05

Yeah... I feel like my biggest constraint is that I don’t want to just add an LC7i and add an additional amplifier. From what I am seeing, it looks like that really adds a level of complexity that could actually take away from some of the basic BMW functions (chimes, alarms, etc...)

I don’t mind adding an amp for an additional sub as I don’t think that will take away from anything.

I really would like to figure out what I can change, speaker wise, that will give me sweeter kids, and a more tame top end than the HK system currently has; especially when played loud.

I have learned that the Focal K2’s will fit in factory locations, as well as the IFBMW-S, BavSound, and Eton speakers. Ideally I would like more power for those, but have to work with what I’ve got for now until/if BimmerTech comes out with a plug and play amp to better the HK setup.

The problem is, there is no place for me to listen to any of these brands here...

Also, with all of the threads I have read, 95% of them are people who have upgraded the basic audio systems and not the HK, so that makes it even harder to analyze the pros and cons.

Please feel free to respond here or send me a PM and maybe we can discuss this further. I really
Do appreciate the help.
Appreciate 0