Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew2069 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrunr View Post
Yeah... I feel like my biggest constraint is that I don’t want to just add an LC7i and add an additional amplifier. From what I am seeing, it looks like that really adds a level of complexity that could actually take away from some of the basic BMW functions (chimes, alarms, etc...)

I don’t mind adding an amp for an additional sub as I don’t think that will take away from anything.

I really would like to figure out what I can change, speaker wise, that will give me sweeter kids, and a more tame top end than the HK system currently has; especially when played loud.

I have learned that the Focal K2’s will fit in factory locations, as well as the IFBMW-S, BavSound, and Eton speakers. Ideally I would like more power for those, but have to work with what I’ve got for now until/if BimmerTech comes out with a plug and play amp to better the HK setup.

The problem is, there is no place for me to listen to any of these brands here...

Also, with all of the threads I have read, 95% of them are people who have upgraded the basic audio systems and not the HK, so that makes it even harder to analyze the pros and cons.

Please feel free to respond here or send me a PM and maybe we can discuss this further. I really
Do appreciate the help.
I've been googling around on this topic too and I have found threads where other guys with the HK on other platforms have upgraded to the Bavsound speakers with stock amp and they seem to have positive things to say. I keep flip flopping on doing it though. I just don't know that they value is there for me. If I'm going to spend $1500 to swap out all the speakers, it better be a pretty substantial upgrade.
Yes just replacing the speakers will only improve so much.

Think about it like this. You change your air filter to the x5m filter they are bigger flow more air. Not that big of difference in performance. But if you have bigger turbos and a tune it takes advantage of the ability of getting more air in.
Appreciate 0