ComasF15
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComasF15 View Post
We just bought an 2015 x35i. It has 6 months original warranty we could transfer. Consumer Reports say it has average reliability.

Do you do your own work? If not then the warranty will bring some peace of mind. However, warranties wouldn't be sold if the guarantor always lost money.

If you do your own work, then don't waste your money. Get a good copy of Ista+ and enjoy. The X5 has easy maintenance requirements. You can at the very least get a good OBD reader to check faults. I hooked up mine to the X5 as part of my test drive. Plus if you have the car fax history you can find its maintenance history.

Ours was a CPO that was bought by
Autonation. A non CPO price that has CPO maintenance.
Lets say I find a X5 that is still in warranty, how much am I looking at to add warranty to it ? and what would be covered. I see several threads discussing gold and platinum plans. Does the year and mileage they are listing add on to existing ?
The two posts above mention the most important points.

The 4/50 is only for original purchaser, for $800 I could transfer the balance of the warranty to me. Then I could purchase the extended warranty. IMHO the x35i does not need an extended warranty. The X5 is a very reliable vehicle with the 35 a little better than the 50, of course there are outliers. I can buy a lot of parts for $4k. Search for problems. Consumer Reports has good history on owner reported issues and some years do better than others. IIRC you can get on a BMW site input your VIN and get pricing for each tier.

YMMV
Appreciate 1
HJ478.00