View Single Post
      03-18-2019, 09:05 AM   #11
ComasF15
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Silver

"Oh ic yea that has to be the maintenance warranty plan ,heard that was transferrable with no fee a few years back but they changed there policy and now charge 7-800$ to the next owner. If the car still has its factory warranty it can change from owner to owner at no cost."

I did find where the warranty was transferable between two private parties. You have to fill out a form and pay $200.

In the end game I'm convinced that by 2 to 3 years you've weeded out the item that have infant mortality, on the first owners warranty. Then you have 3 to 5 years where you have only replaceable item wear. Then you have a much longer period, depending on mileage, of replacing items with shorter lifespan like water pumps.

People who have problems are much more likely to report them. I've read that an unsatisfied customer, on average, will report 13 times while the satisfied will report 4 times. Problems then are well reported but are disproportionately represented. I found that other than the water pump the wasn't much that stood out. Although some years are better than others the X5 is a sold platform. Naturally you have to figure in confirmation bias, so do your due diligence.
Appreciate 1
HJ478.00