View Single Post
      09-23-2018, 11:49 PM   #5714
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
I was planning on throwing down some fungus treatment but decided my yard wasn't too bad but you can see clearly how awful they look in the lawn with the healthy grass so hopefully detaching will remove most of it. The only products I used this year was Scott's in the early Spring, RGS, Humic12 and Milo. Only thing with Milo is the shortage of stock everywhere. You guys watch Allyn Hayne The Lawn Care Nut or Ryan Knorr YouTube channel?

Totally agree on the Foxtail! I have those everywhere? What can I use to eliminate those? For Winters I just throw down Scott's again and call it a year. The local lawn company will be doing its annual sprinkler winterizing special for $40 in October and that's usually when I let the lawn go dormant
Ha! I started watching Allyn Hayne. Some of it gets repetitive but he has character and I still learn something.

My understanding is that you pretty much have to dig foxtail out. If bad enough, some fill and seed would be needed. I think the quinclorac (Q4) I hit mine mostly did the trick but I also never did a follow-up treatment. My house is new construction and I have a privately owned empty lot next to mine so I think I got it mostly from there (along w/ some other stuff). I'll have to be a lot more proactive next year. I have a lawn care company that I use and they'll come out and put down a pre-emergent in the spring at no charge.

I think I am going to slowly take over the weed and lawn feeding, though. I calculated the cost of milo and it'd be near $200/feeding. If I went down to a half lb per 1000 sq ft, it'd cost about $100. My biggest challenge in the backyard is that it was all seeded by the builder so it needs to thicken out in all the random barespots. I also have gotten a fair amount of lawn rust in areas. My dog looks like he got into a bag of doritos if he scamps about long enough. The front is a lot better but got hit by sod webworm. Now I know what to look for so I'll smite those bastards next year if I see them.