09-24-2018, 02:12 AM   #5716
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
Ha! I started watching Allyn Hayne. Some of it gets repetitive but he has character and I still learn something.

My understanding is that you pretty much have to dig foxtail out. If bad enough, some fill and seed would be needed. I think the quinclorac (Q4) I hit mine mostly did the trick but I also never did a follow-up treatment. My house is new construction and I have a privately owned empty lot next to mine so I think I got it mostly from there (along w/ some other stuff). I'll have to be a lot more proactive next year. I have a lawn care company that I use and they'll come out and put down a pre-emergent in the spring at no charge.

I think I am going to slowly take over the weed and lawn feeding, though. I calculated the cost of milo and it'd be near $200/feeding. If I went down to a half lb per 1000 sq ft, it'd cost about $100. My biggest challenge in the backyard is that it was all seeded by the builder so it needs to thicken out in all the random barespots. I also have gotten a fair amount of lawn rust in areas. My dog looks like he got into a bag of doritos if he scamps about long enough. The front is a lot better but got hit by sod webworm. Now I know what to look for so I'll smite those bastards next year if I see them.
LOL I've been watching Allyn since I first bought my house 2 years ago. didn't realize what it takes to keep the lawn looking good. I've got about 20k so I use about 10 bags of Milo. I think i'm pretty much done with the weeds this year since winter is around the corner and the grass should be going dormant soon. I did a better job this year than last year as last year I had no clue WTF I was doing I'm getting better but i'd rather put the money in my BMW but cheese and rice lawn maintenance gets expensive too especially when you have to buy lawn equipment. just bought that battery powered Ryobi BackPack sprayer someone here mentioned as the 4 gallon manual back pack sprayer I use is just too much labor

~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0