mrod81
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaNick1 View Post
Hi all,
This thread has been super helpful, I definite want a tune. In looking at Dinan's website, they sell a tune for cars with or without the MPPK. So which would you choose:

1. Buy the MPPK and then piggybacking Dinan
2. Skip the MPPK and go for the full-fledged Dinan standalone tune

If the MPPK is around $1200+ installed and then adding the Dinan for $2120, that's a big jump versus skipping the MPPK altogether if it's worth it. Hopefully someone's ran this comparison already to help out, thanks.
Skip it altogether and get a custom tune from bootmod3. 600 for OTS tune and depending on your tuner get a fully customized tune to your specific car from 100+

It's easy to do yourself no dealer or coder needed and you can have your X5 tuned to your specific needs if you pay additional for the custom tune.

If you have the MPE you can set it to literally whatever you want...lots of burbles/pops, or not, short duration, long duration.

This in my opinion beats out the MPPK hands down. Not sure about the piggybacks but I'm pretty sure a custom tune will beat any piggyback as well.

Half the price of the MPPK with more power and I get to tune my exhaust to exactly what I want it was worth it and I would recommend it 100%
Appreciate 0