11-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #163
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalgoods13 View Post
I have recently set my eye on Tag Heuer's Carrera Calibre 5 or 8. I know it looks bland on the pictures but they are beautiful in real life.
I like the looks of the 8 better, and it doesn't look like some other brand's watch that quickly comes to mind. Anymore, there're almost no absolutely unique styles among the mainstream watchmakers, so I'm sure sooner or later one can find something that resembles it or that it resembles.

The 5 looks fine too, but a bit too much like an Omega Aqua Terra, but hopefully it's not as thick. They are both nice watches, but I will admit being partial to the co-axial 8500 inside the Omega. Seeing as both are around $4K (I think), I'd pick the Omega, mainly because that coaxial movement is thought in the league of great watches that include JLC and others, all more highly regarded than Rolex.

I'd nonetheless be very happy with the Tag. It's a very nice watch too and in truth if one isn't a "watchie" there's no good reason to prefer one over the other, aside from personal taste.

All the best and enjoy your new Tag.

Omega Aqua Terra (automatic)

Tag Calibre 5 Carrera

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0