09-17-2019, 02:26 PM   #16
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagekko View Post
The 40e is supposed to be equivalent to the 35i, doesnt compare to the 35d for power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsahi View Post
How do you guys compare both diesel (X35D & X35I) with the hybrid (X40e?) Heard that due to the engine being small it lacks power??
The 40e is nice because of 0 turbo lag.

The battery motor and 4 cylinder work together to create 30i performance. If you google them the performance is the same.

But for daily the 40e is great because to hit the gas you go, no hesitation like my 35i had. Instant torque. Just press and go. 35i has terrible lag and scared my wife on occasion as she pressed the gas to go and nothing, then launches you and you almost get hit.

Also because you use the brakes less due to regenerative braking the wheels never get dirty.

Mine are always clean.

Another thing is if you work close to home like 6 miles or so, you'll never need gas so some on the e40 forums average 1000 miles or so a tank I'm around 700 or so a tank but don't recharge all the time. some have gone over a year without using the motor. The diesel will or can be costly later on in higher milage applications but for the most part pretty solid from what I've read. Depends how long your gonna keep it.

The electric batteries and electric drivetrain is 10 year 100000 mile warranty.

Lastly I had engine issues with my 4 banger as it was an early build and was so busy I couldn't get to the dealer right away so i just cruised in electric mode. Lol almost like you have a backup engine Incase shit goes south !!!! Lol

"Disclaimer". I live in Chicago so the electric stations here are all over the place so driving electric is easy and theirs a charge when you need it so different locations vary.

With level 2 charger you'll receive full charge in 2 to 2.5 hrs.
Appreciate 0