View Single Post
      10-07-2019, 05:33 PM   #776
Thumbs
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 X5 3.0 5-spd, '10 X6 i35,

'14 xDrive 35 ~70,000 miles

1) Whirring/fan noise from climate control system. Sound of the whir corresponds to engine RPM and goes away if I turn off the climate control fan. I haven't checked into the cause yet.

2) Excessive wear on Dakota seats and trim. I bought the vehicle CPO and the previous owner must have abused them, "refinished" by someone, washed away by me.

3) Rear suspension airbag, passenger side, has been deflating. Replacement parts are inexpensive and an easy repair. Both sides for $256 delivered and probably 1-2 hours labor, total.

4) When I bought it there was an occasional stumbling/stall at cold start. I used a bottle of the Chevron(?) fuel system cleaner/treatment and have driven it in manual/sport mode somewhat aggressively per recommendations on this forum(?). The problem went away fairly quickly and has not returned.

Our third X vehicle ('01 X53.0 manual, '10 X6 xD35) and I am currently shopping for our 4th. Very happy with the reliability, customer service, etc. Compared to our '11 Ford Explorer the BMW's have been superb in every respect and far less expensive to own, more so if factor in your time/$.
Appreciate 0